U-485 USB Installation and User Manual
- Support Windows 2000/XP/2000, MAC OS-9/X, Linus 2.40 or above
- USB V.1.1 and USB 2.0
- USB supply power for the converter
- UART 300bps~1Mbps, auto tuning
- UART data: 5,6,7,8 bits
- UART data position: odd/even, mark, blank, no parity
- UART data stop position: 1, 1.5, 2 bits
Installation of USB Converter:
1) Insert the Drive CD-Rom into the CD-Rom Drive
2) Plug in the converter into your computer’s USB port
3) Your computer system will ask you for this device’s driver location.Please point the location of the driver file as the CD-Rom
4) Computer system will update the driver list and install the USB converter automatically.
This will create a virtual com port on your PC. When USB converter is connected to computer, the USB port is there.
5) To check if the USB converter is installed successfully or not, please follow the next step.
1) go to your computer’s Control Panel
2) click on System
3) click on Hardware
4) click on Device Manager
5) click on Ports (COM & LPT)
6) while there, unplug the USB device you just installed. If a Comp Port disappear under the Port (COM & LPT), then you installed the USB converter successfully. Make sure to note which COM # is the USB converter.
Uninstall the USB Converter:
1) unplug the USB converter from the computer
2) got to Add and Remove Software panel from your Control panel. Choose“USB Serial Converter Drivers” and click on Remove.
RS485 wiring instruction
D+ RS485 signal +
D- RS485 signal -
SG RS485 ground
FG Connect to the ground
1) USB port provide power, no need other power supply
2) Output is 2 wire half duplex RS485 connection
3) Wire should be more then 0.5mm in diameter
4) Max communication distance is 3000M(4800bps), 2000M(9600bps),
5) Max communication network is 32 points
6) Communication speed is 300bps~1Mbps
7) Support UART: Data position 5,6,7,8. Stop Position: 1,1.5,2. Comparison Postion :odd /even / mark/blank/no parity
8) Surge protection: Can with stand up to 600W voltage surge, protection from static voltage and thunder
9) Installation method: 35mm standard din rail
10) Working temperature: -20 to 70C
11) Size: 65X22X12mm
U-485 can be used in point to point or to multiple point network. Beside can connection to other RS-485 connection, it can also connection up to 32 PC’s USB converter to make a RS-485 network. Communication distance between PC can be up to 3000M(4800bps), 2000M(9600bps).
1) For wiring, wire diameter should be more than 0.5m or above, should have at least 120 ohm resistance.
2) The length of the cable from point to point should not be longer than 15M.
3) When using U-485 and other RS485 connection, pls make sure the last RS485 device use a 120 ohm terminating resistor and two 1K resistor. Please see the below picture.
|Shipping||DHL, UPS, Fedex, TNT, EMS, Post|
|Payment||T/T, Western Union, Moneygram, Paypal|
|Minimum Order Quantity||1 pcs|
Kollewin Technology now brings quality usb rs485 products from its professional factory made by its qualified workers. Our usb rs485 products have already been sold to different regions like Europe, North America, UK, and so on. We can provide you a competitive price, and you can check the price list with us first if necessary. Come and get some!